Jim is a 40 year old simple, honest, average Australian that works for an office supply company. Once a week he calls in to make small talk and check if I need any office supplies, today Jim was hoping mad and had plenty to say.
The latest scientific review of vaping in Australia has concluded that if easier access was granted, would increase the quit rate of smoking rates.
Australia’s largest vaping advocacy body slams the Government’s special deal for Big Tobacco
- Government delivers another knockout punch to vapers 23/09/2020THE AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT has continued its vendetta against Australian smokers by making vaping nicotine even more difficult to access. Under the new interim announcement by the TGA (medicines regulator) today, vapers will need to get a doctor’s prescription and visit a pharmacy for nicotine supplies. The ruling is set to commence on 1 June 2021. […]Colin
- Why Greg Hunt’s plan to ban nicotine imports and medicalise vaping will not work 17/09/2020GREG HUNT wants to ban nicotine imports and force vapers to go to the doctor for a prescription and then to a pharmacy to purchase nicotine liquid. ATHRA believes nicotine liquid should be available for sale as a consumer product so it can be easily accessed as a quitting aid. Today we sent this flyer […]Colin
- Lung Foundation Australia continues to mislead the public about vaping 17/09/2020LUNG FOUNDATION AUSTRALIA (LFA) recently released an ‘E-cigarette and vaping fact sheet’ strongly opposed to vaping. However, the document is deliberately misleading and misinformed and is likely to lead to an increase in smoking and therefore an increase in lung disease. The lack of scientific rigour from a leading health charity is very disappointing, but […]Colin
- Katter’s Australian Party calls for vaping to be legalised in Australia 15/09/2020WITH QUEENSLAND smoking rates being much higher than the national average and about 600,000 Queenslanders smoking daily, a different approach needs to be taken to improve people’s health and alleviate pressure on future health budgets. (Reproduced from Cairns Local News) Katter’s Australian (KAP) Party Leader and Traeger MP Robbie Katter has called for both State […]Colin
- Help us to help you. Support our campaign to save vaping in Australia 10/09/2020ATHRA HAS LAUNCHED a fundraising campaign to ensure lifesaving vaping products remains accessible to Australian vapers and smokers. Please help us to help you. In 3 months (on 1 January 2021), you will need to visit a doctor and go to a pharmacy to get the nicotine that is keeping you off cigarettes. You will not […]Colin