Jim is a 40 year old simple, honest, average Australian that works for an office supply company. Once a week he calls in to make small talk and check if I need any office supplies, today Jim was hoping mad and had plenty to say.
The latest scientific review of vaping in Australia has concluded that if easier access was granted, would increase the quit rate of smoking rates.
Australia’s largest vaping advocacy body slams the Government’s special deal for Big Tobacco
- World Vape Day. Let’s celebrate, educate and help others 29/05/2020TODAY, 30 May 2020, is World Vape Day. World Vape Day aims to raise awareness of vaping and encourage smokers who are unable to quit on their own or with currently available smoking cessation tools to switch to safer nicotine products such as vaping. World Vape Day has been organised by consumer advocacy groups from […]Colin
- Vape-friendly Aussie quit guidelines receive WHO award 25/05/2020THE Royal Australian College of General Practitioners has been named as a recipient of the WHO World No Tobacco Day awards for the latest update of its smoking cessation guidelines. The new guidelines acknowledge a role for vaping in helping smokers quit based on a rigorous review of the scientific evidence. The guidelines provide up-to-date, […]Colin
- Why ATHRA opposes the TGA nicotine amendements 21/05/2020THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH has asked the medicines regulator (the Therapeutic Goods Administration) to amend the guidelines for nicotine in the Poisons Standard. However, the proposed changes miss the opportunity to correct a glaring inconsistency in nicotine regulation. Nicotine in its most lethal form (tobacco prepared and packed for smoking) is specifically exempt from the […]Colin
- ATHRA’s first Facebook live stream a resounding success 15/05/2020ATHRA’s first facebook live stream was a resounding success (after some minor technical problems!). The video has had over 1,300 views on Facebook, 220 comments and wide sharing so far (Facebook link here). Thank you to all who took part and made it a success. The edited video can be viewed on ATHRA’s YouTube channel […]Colin
- WA ‘Nanny State’ Inquiry calls for liberalisation of vaping laws 13/05/2020The report of the WA ‘Nanny State’ Inquiry by the Select Committee on Personal Choice and Community Safety was tabled in the WA Parliament yesterday and made some important recommendations on vaping. However, unfortunately the Inquiry was constrained by misinformation from anti-vaping advocates. Nevertheless, Chairman, Aaron Stonehouse MLC was clear about the value of vaping. […]Colin